Today I am opening this place, which will be my notebook from now on.
I have been working as a software developer for many years, mostly in Java, and have worked with many interesting technologies. Now, my career is changing, and I am about to start working with Plugtree team. I am really exited about that! The idea of this space is to share my research, development and ideas, so it can help other people.
I will start working with rules and processes. These topics have a lot to read, give opinions, research and share. Let’s check it:
I will work with an open source project called Drools (http://www.jboss.org/drools/). Its homepage describes Drools 5 as:
Drools 5 introduces the Business Logic integration Platform which provides a unified and integrated platform for Rules, Workflow and Event Processing. It’s been designed from the ground up so that each aspect is a first class citizen, with no compromises.
It has many modules:
- Guvnor: It is a repository for rules, which allows to manage them in a rich web GUI.
- Expert: A business rule engine. It has a language to define the rules, and a way to evaluate facts with these rules.
- Jbpm 5: Originally was named Drools Flow. It a Business Process Management Suite. It uses latest BPMN 2.0 specification
- Fusion: An event processing module.
- Planner: Module for planning problems.
These modules interacts to deliver a full integration business platform.
This is an small overview, and I will go deeper in next posts.
In this Blog you will find:
- Tutorials with examples I implement during my work.
- Ideas: Hope I can have many of them!
- Research about specific topics.
- Reviews about some article I read.
- Anything that I feel important to share.
Please feel free to leave any comment, corrections or ideas, that will help me and the community, to grow.
Thanks for reading me, see you soon again!